Germs. Everyone has them, but there’s no need to share ’em.
This education explores the different routes of pathogen transmission and the vaccinations we receive to protect ourselves and our patients. The CE then takes a look at SIRS and sepsis along with the prehospital treatment for those patients.
Is it measles or chickenpox? Is that sign on the door that reads, “Airborne Precautions” really that big of a deal? Grab the CE, some hand sanitizer, and find out!
To earn your education credit:
Step 1: Media: The education is contained in a pdf. You can download it from our DropBox link at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrvrwo1700g0y3x/Microbe%20Management%20UMC%20EMS%20CE.pdf?dl=0
It’s about 2 MB in file size. Remember, you don’t need a DropBox account or login to access any of our educational materials. Just click on the “Download” button that appears at the upper right corner, and if a pop-up box appears, look towards the bottom option, “No thanks, continue to download”.
Step 2: Take the Quiz at QuestBase. Log into your QuestBase account at www.questbase.com/a/umcems. If you don’t have a free account yet, please visit our “Sign Up“ page for information on how to obtain one. Once you’ve logged in, look for the CE entitled: “Microbe Management”.
Step 3: Education you’ll earn upon successful completion:
- Texas state: 1 hour for Preparatory (all certifications)
- NREMT for NCCP requirements:
- Paramedics: 1 hour towards Communicable Diseases
- EMT and EMT-Advanced:
- 0.5 hour for Communicable Diseases (or up to an hour if needed) under the National component and:
- 0.5 hour towards Local (if assigned by your EMS service or Medical Director) or instead, Individual CE